Good morning! I’m so excited to be a stop on the Simon Says Stamp Making Spirits Bright Release blog hop! I love all of the amazing Halloween and Christmas stamps, dies, and stencils in this release…perfect for all your holiday card-making! I shared two cards using the new release here and here and I’ve got a few more to share today!
First up is this distress ink card using two dies from the new release, Rejoice and Holy Stars. I blended tumbled glass into the area where I knew my star would be and then blended broken china, chipped sapphire, seedless preserves, and black soot out from that lighter spot to fill the background. Next I spritzed water across the panel to create the illusion of stars in the distance and finally flicked white acrylic paint over the panel to create closer stars. I set that aside to dry completely and then trimmed the panel down to 3.5″ by 8″. I thought this would be an appropriate scene for an extra tall card!
Then I die-cut the Drifting Stitches die twice from white cardstock to create hills and adhered them to my blended background. I die-cut the Holy Stars die from white cardstock, adhered it to the background, coated it with a layer of spectrum noir clear sparkle, and then added a layer of nuvo crystal glaze for a little extra shimmer and shine. Finally I die-cut the Rejoice word die from silver glitter cardstock and adhered it over the hills.
My second card uses some scraps from my first card. I wasn’t entirely sure what colors I wanted to use for the background so I experimented with a few possibilities. And I loved them so I didn’t want them to go waste. I simply blended distress inks onto white cardstock and then adhered them to a card base. I die-cut the new Snowburst Collage from the white cardstock and adhered them over the blended backgrounds. Finally I stamped the sentiment from Merry and Bright and heat-embossed it with silver embossing powder.
I hope this gives you some inspiration for the Making Spirits Bright release! Here are the other cards I’ve created using the new release:
And what’s a hop without a giveaway, right? Every stop on the hop is giving away a $25 gift card! All you need to do is visit and leave a comment on each blog. The winners will be randomly selected from each blog and announced on the Simon Says Stamp blog! AND there was another hop yesterday and each of those stops is also giving away a $25 gift card so be sure to check that out on the SSS blog! In case you encounter a broken link here is the full hop list for today:
- Simon Says Stamp Blog: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/making-spirits-bright-2nd-blog-hop/
- Kristina Werner: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/2-types-of-stencil-embossing-new-holiday-release-from-simon-says-stamp/
- Debby Hughes: http://limedoodledesign.com/2017/10/simon-says-stamp-holiday-release-blog-hop/
- Yana Smakula: http://www.yanasmakula.com/?p=60321
- Nina-Marie Trapani: http://ninamariedesign.com/2017/10/13/in-lay-watercolor-die-cutting-hop/
- Suzy Plantamura: http://suzyplantamura.typepad.com/living_my_dream/2017/10/simon-says-stamp-making-spirits-bright-blog-hop-day-2.html
- Amanda Korotkova: http://www.littlecraftypill.com/2017/10/simon-says-stamp-making-spirits-bright.html
- (YOU ARE HERE!) Jessica Frost-Ballas: https://www.allthesparkle.com/sssmcbhop/
- Barb Engler: https://bdengler4.blogspot.com/2017/10/sss-making-spirits-bright-blog-hop.html
- Heather Hoffman: http://housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com/2017/10/sss-making-spirits-bright-blog-hop.html
- Amy Kolling: http://stamp-n-paradise.blogspot.com/2017/10/simon-says-stamp-making-spirits-bright.html
Good luck! Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous day! If this is your first time visiting my blog I hope you’ll come back! You can subscribe to my blog via the sidebar on the right or find me on Instagram and Youtube. Happy Hopping!
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!!