Good morning! I’m excited to share a card using the brand new September Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp: Look for the Rainbows! This beautiful kit contains:
- Simon Says Stamp 6 x 8 inch clear stamp set Look for the Rainbows
- Tim Holtz Kaleidescope embossing folder
- American Crafts Shimelle Box of Crayons enamel dots
- Vicki Boutin Mixed Media 6 x 8 inch paper pad
- Nuvo Crystal Gems
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metallic papers
- Simon Says Stamp Island Blue envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Audrey Blue envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Schoolhouse Red envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Island Blue cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp White 120# cardstock
I’ll have more to share this week but first up is this watercolored floral card!
I just love these big gorgeous flowers…they’re perfect for coloring! I started by stamping them onto arches watercolor paper with versafine and heat-embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I used Altenew watercolor markers in Desert Night, Persian Blue, Emerald, Jet Black, Warm Sunshine, and Crimson to paint the flowers. Varying the amount of the two blues gave really pretty purple shades! Once I was done I used my ScanNCut to cut out the flowers and foliage.
Next I arranged the flowers over a panel of patterned paper included in the kit. I adhered them with a mix of regular adhesive and foam mounting tape. Then I stamped a sentiment from the kit on white cardstock with versafine, heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder, and trimmed it down to an angled flag. I also cut a second angled flag using one of the metallic papers included in the kit and adhered it like a drop shadow behind the sentiment. I adhered that over the flowers with foam mounting tape and finished the card with a few jewels from the kit. I love how they’re clear but they really pick up the dark blue and black tones of the card!
I hope this gives you some ideas for the new September kit! Remember, you can also subscribe to their no-obligation kits and receive them monthly for $29.99, or purchase them each month for $34.99 (while supplies last). I have a feeling this pretty kit is going to be quite popular so if you’re interested I’d recommend heading over and picking up the Look for the Rainbows kit as soon as possible! 😉
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!!