Lots happening on the blog today! For the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #5: Cheerful Get Well Card please click here. For my mystery box destash sale please scroll down or click here.
Good afternoon! Today is the release day for the Hero Arts June My Monthly Hero kit and it’s a must-have!! You should have arrived from Yana but if not, you can head to the Hero Arts Blog to start at the beginning! The June kit is now available for purchase at Hero Arts but once they’re sold out, they’re gone for good so make sure to head over and shop soon!
The kit contains:
- 1 6″ x 8″ clear stamp set
- 9 coordinating Frame Cuts
- 1 Fancy Die
- 3 ink cubes (Just Rust, Mulled Wine, Moss)
- 0.5 oz. black embossing powder
- 2 4″ x “6” Portuguese eco-friendly cork sheets
- 2 sheets of 5.5″ x 8.5″ metallic bronze paper (81 lb. text weight)
- 2 sheets of 5.5″ x 8.5″ metallic quartz cardstock (105 lb. cover weight)
The kit value is $70, an amazing deal at $34.99.
- Get ALL the add-ons here
- AF401 Ombre Serengeti Sunset ink
- CG711 Mud Cloth Bold Prints cling stamp
- CG712 Tribal Stripes Bold Prints cling stamp
- CM176 Color Layering Bengal Tigers stamp set
- CM177 Color Layering Brave Lion stamp set
- CM178 Go On a Safari stamp set
- DI397 Color Layering Tiger frame cuts
- DI398 Color Layering Lion frame cuts
- DI399 Thorn Tree and Grasses fancy die
- G6242 I Got Your Back stamp
- SA106 Tribal Shapes stencil
Here’s what I created:
I used a couple add-on items with the main kit for my card. I started by placing a card panel in my MISTI and then I arranged the animal silhouettes in different directions on my panel and then closed the MISTI lid to get them to stick to the lid. Then I inked them with intense black ink and stamped them on the card panel. I restamped twice to get a crisp image and then trimmed my panel down to 3.75″ by 5.5.” Then I stamped the Tribal Stripes cling stamp onto white cardstock with Rust ink and adhered the animal panel over it.
Next I stamped the tiger with Rust ink and the outline with intense black ink and then die-cut him with the coordinating die. Finally I stamped the sentiment from the main kit onto black cardstock and heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder. I adhered the sentiment to the card with regular adhesive and then added the tiger with foam mounting tape.
To celebrate the release Hero Arts is giving away one kit as a prize to one blog reader selected from the comments across all of the blogs in the hop so make sure you leave a comment at each hop stop for the most chances to win! If you win and have already purchased the kit you will be reimbursed! Here’s a list of all the stops on the hop:
- The Hero Arts Blog
- Jennifer McGuire
- Wanda Guess
- May Park
- Yana Smakula
- Jessica Frost-Ballas —> You are here!
- Amy Kolling
- Chari Moss
- Amy Tsuruta
- Ilina Crouse
- Michelle Short
- Claire Prezzia
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!