Good morning! Today I’m excited to be sharing some inspiration using the fabulous Limited Edition For All Moms Mother’s Day Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp! To start, this is a special kit (and not part of the normal card kit of the month subscription) so you’ll need to purchase it separately if you’d like it! The kit is packed with product and is a great value at $50! I also love that it truly fits moms of all types: moms, mothers, mums, grandma…even fur baby moms (like me!)! The For All Moms kit contains:
- 1 sheet of each design from the Echo Park I Am Mom 6 x 6 collection
- Simon Says Stamp For All Moms clear stamp
- Simon Says Stamp Bouquet of Roses stencil
- Simon Says Stamp Coffee Love wafer die
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp masking paper
- Simon Says Stamp Mother Sentiments preprinted sheet
- Tonic Pink Opal Nuvo Glimmer Paste
- American Crafts Polka Dot ribbon
- Lace ribbon
- Cotton baggies
- Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy ink pad
- Simon Says Stamp Classy custom sequins
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Slate envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Mint envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp White envelope
- Palette Knife
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Cotton Candy cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Cornflower Blue cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Lemon Chiffon cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp White 120# cardstock
Today I created a card and a few stenciled baggies! First up is my card:
To start I stamped the pretty daffodil-like flowers from the kit onto a panel of white cardstock and heat-embossed them with white embossing powder. I also stamped the flowers on a stack of full-sheet post-it notes, fussy cut them, and masked the embossed flowers. Then I blended festive berries, wild honey, and squeezed lemonade distress oxide inks over the entire panel. I splattered the panel with water and white gouache and then removed the masks and let it dry. Once it was totally dry I used sponge daubers to apply the same three oxide inks to the flowers recreating the look of a daffodil with a darker center and lighter edges!
Next I stamped the sentiment from the kit set onto white cardstock with soft navy ink and trimmed it to a label. I adhered it to the panel with foam mounting tape and then finished the card with a few sequins from the included mix!
I also created a few stenciled treat bags using the cotton bags included in the kit! For the first one I used the stencil included with the baggies and just applied a thin layer of nuvo glimmer paste over the polka dot stencil. For the second one I laid the Bouquet of Roses stencil over the bag and masked off the flower areas before applying soft navy ink to the leaves with a sponge dauber! Then I masked off the leaves and applied a layer of watermelon ink to the roses before covering them with a thin layer of the sparkly pink glimmer paste. I peeled up and cleaned the stencils and then let the bags dry. I don’t think the glimmer paste is thin enough to soak through the bags but I did place a piece of scrap cardstock into the bag while it was drying just to be on the safe side! Super simple but that stencil really makes the bag pop! 🙂 And, of course, when it was dry I filled it with my favorite dove chocolates! 😉
I hope this gives you some ideas for the Limited Edition For All Moms Mother’s Day kit! This kit will not be restocked and I have a feeling this gorgeous kit is going to sell out super fast; so if you’re interested, I’d recommend heading over and picking up the For All Moms kit as soon as possible! 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!