Good morning! I’m excited to share a card using the brand new August Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp: Party Like a Panda! This fun kit contains:
- Simon Says Stamp exclusive 6×8 Party Like a Panda clear stamp set (coordinating dies are also available separately)
- Simon Says Stamp exclusive Picture Book Panda wafer thin die
- 4 ThermoWeb DecoFoil White Latte flock transfer sheets
- 4 ThermoWeb DecoFoil Black Ice flock transfer sheets
- Custom exclusive 6 x 6 inch Doodlebug papers
- 1 Stick-It Double-Sided Sticky Sheet
- 1 Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen
- Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink envelope
- Simon Says Stamp White envelope
- 1 sheet 8.5 x 11 Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink cardstock
- 1 sheet 8.5 x 11 Simon Says Stamp Peacock Teal cardstock
- 1 sheet 8.5 x 11 Simon Says Stamp 120# White cardstock
- 1 sheet 8.5 x 11 Simon Says Stamp Black cardstock
I’ll have more to share this week but first up is this rainbow-tastic panda card!
One of my favorite things about these kits is the opportunity to try new products like the Thermoweb flock transfer sheets included in this month’s kit! And the panda die is perfect for the flock sheets! I love that furry texture! So first I die-cut the bear using thermoweb flock transfer sheets and pieced together the white and black parts and adhered them to a small panel of the Peacock Teal cardstock. Then I adhered that to a white rectangle to resemble a polaroid photo. I stamped the sentiment from Party Like a Panda on the bottom of the white piece with versafine and heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder.
Next I stamped those fun balloons and colored them with copic markers before fussy-cutting them with scissors and an exacto knife. I also stamped the rest of the sentiment on black cardstock with versamark and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered the panda to a panel of patterned paper included in the kit and then added the balloons. I added the birthday sentiment with foam mounting tape for a little extra dimension. And finally I applied a thin layer of spectrum noir clear sparkle to the balloons, covered them with crystal glaze, and sprinkled them with chunky and prisma glitter for even more sparkle.
I hope this gives you some ideas for the new Party Like a Panda kit! Remember, you can also subscribe to their no-obligation kits and receive them monthly for $29.99, or purchase them each month for $34.99 (while supplies last). I have a feeling this fun kit is going to be quite popular so if you’re interested I’d recommend heading over and picking up the August kit as soon as possible! 😉
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!!