Good morning! Today I’m excited to share the new limited edition Valentine’s kit from Simon Says Stamp!
To start, this is a special kit (and not part of the normal card kit of the month subscription) so you’ll need to purchase it separately if you’d like it! The kit is packed with product and is a great value at $55! The kit contains:
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive “The Sweetest” 6×8 Inch Clear Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive “Love Notes” 3×4 Inch Clear Stamp Set
- Custom 2.5 x 3.5 Neenah Cardstock in Desert Storm and Solar White (9 of each color)
- Simon Says Stamp Mini Envelopes in Schoolhouse Red x6 per kit
- V Flap #17 Bright White Mini Envelope x6 per kit
- Pebbles Inc. Loves Me Icons Ephemera Printed Cardstock Shapes
- Pebbles Inc. Loves Me 6×6 Inch Paper Pad
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Hedgehog Wafer Thin Die
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Lovable Sloth Wafer Thin Die
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Gumdrop Hearts x3 per kit
- Simon Says Stamp Tacky Glue
- American Crafts White Treat Bags x1 bag per kit
- Simon Says Stamp Red Glitter 6×6 Sheet x1 sheet
- Red Treat Bag x1
- Bazzill Cotton Candy Card Shoppe Heavy Weight 8.5 x 11 Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Lipstick Red Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Smoke Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Cardstock
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
This kit has lots of fun products to help you create cute Valentine’s for your loved ones or for your kids to take to school…but I immediately zeroed in on the pair of adorable foxes and I ONLY had eyes for them. Ha I’ll share more with the kit later this month but I could not resist those foxes! 😉
I mean, right?!? They’re SO cute!! I stamped them with versafine and heat-embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I colored them with copics and fussy cut them. I used a craft knife to take out all the white space in between them. I went over the cut edge with a black copic marker to give it a finished look and then added a few accents with a white gel pen.
Next I die-cut a heart from an A2 card base. I lined up a piece of patterned paper from the kit over the front of the card panel and die-cut the heart in the same position. The patterned paper has two different sides so I took the heart negative, turned it over, and adhered the foxes over it. Then I lined it up within the window of my card base and adhered it to the inside of the base.
Next I trimmed the red panel down to 4″ by 5.25″ and stamped the sentiment from The Sweetest with versamark before heat-embossing it with white embossing powder. I also stamped a sentiment from Love Notes onto black cardstock with versamark and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder. I trimmed it down with the sentiment label dies and adhered it to the red panel with foam mounting tape. Finally I applied adhesive to the back of the red panel, lined it up over the heart window, and adhered it to the white card base.
And that’s it! I’m on my way to Creativation this afternoon (on my 10th wedding anniversary…oops) so I think I’ll slip this under my husband’s pillow before I leave! 🙂 Thanks so much for visiting and have a fabulous day!
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!
Tara Prince says
So super cute!!
Mary G says
Love it!! The window is a great idea, and the coloring of the foxes is fantastic. Great card (and kit)!
Patt H. says
Darling card, Jess!!
Love this card. Happy Anniversary