Good afternoon! Today is the release day for the Hero Arts September My Monthly Hero kit and it’s a must-have for autumn and Halloween!! You should have arrived from the fabulous Michelle; but if not, you can head to the Hero Arts Blog to start at the beginning! The September kit is now available for purchase at Hero Arts but once they’re sold out, they’re gone for good so make sure to head over and shop soon!
The kit contains:
- 1 6″ x 8″ Color Layering Clear Stamp Set
- 8 Coordinating Frame cuts
- 5 Ink cubes (Butter Bar, Cup O’ Joe, Orange Soda, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine)
- 3 Brass sunflower charms
- 3 Brass leaf charms
- 2 5.5″ x 8.5″ Pumpkin Vellum 30lb
- 2 5.5″ x 8.5″ Moonrock Cardstock 80lb
The kit value is $70, an amazing deal at $34.99.
- Get ALL the add-ons here!
- SB180 Color-Layering Squirrel Bundle
- SB181 Color-Layering Thanksgiving Bundle
- CG721 Vine Pattern Bold Prints Stamp
- DI435: Paper Layering Sunflower Dies
- DI434 Gothic Vines Fancy Die with Frame
- CM202 Luna the Halloween cat Stamp Set
- CM203 Color Layering Thanksgiving Stamp Set
- DI433 Luna the Cat Frame Cuts
- DI431 Autumn Icons Fancy Dies
- CM201 Color Layering Squirrel Stamp Set
- DI432 Color Layering Squirrel Frame Cuts
- CG720 Starry Night Brushstroke Bold Prints stamp
Here’s what I created:
I LOVED the gingko leaf in the Autumn Icons set and wanted to use it as the focal point of my card. I die-cut it twice from white cardstock and then swiped a versamark pad across the edge of the leaves. I brushed one leaf with rust perfect pearls and the other with perfect bronze. Then I used a swiffer cloth to wipe away the excess powder and spritzed them lightly with water to set the perfect pearls powder. I also die-cut the leaf once from a panel of white cardstock trimmed to 4″ by 5.25.”
Then I adhered the white panel to an A2 panel of dark red cardstock using foam mounting tape. I arranged the die-cut leaves over the panel and adhered them with glossy accents. I stamped the sentiment from the kit, heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder, and trimmed it to an arched banner. I adhered the banner over the leaves and added a sprinkling of metallic gold sequins to finish the card.
To celebrate the release Hero Arts is giving away one kit as a prize to one blog reader selected from the comments across all of the blogs in the hop so make sure you leave a comment at each hop stop for the most chances to win! If you win and have already purchased the kit you will be reimbursed! Please your comments before 11:59PM on September 11th! Here’s a list of all the stops on the hop:
- The Hero Arts Blog
- Jennifer McGuire
- Lydia Fiedler
- Yana Smakula
- Amy Kolling
- Wanda Guess
- Ilina Crouse
- May Park
- Michelle Short
- Jessica Frost-Ballas —> You are here!
- Amy Tsuruta
- Clare Prezzia
- Libby Hickson
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!!