Good morning! I know I say this frequently but oh my goodness, the May 2019 Delicate Flowers card kit from Simon Says Stamp is hands-down my FAVORITE kit. Ever! Beautiful flowers…alcohol pearls…sparkly cardstock….ACK! The kit contains:
- Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers 6×8 clear stamp set
- ModaScrap Let Your Soul Bloom 6 x 6 inch papers
- Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Pearls Ink Sublime
- Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Pearls Ink Intrigue
- Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Pearls Ink Tranquil
- Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
- Carta Bella Flower Bouquet washi tape
- 2 sheets 4 x 7 inch Yupo paper
- 2 sheets Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Cardstock Silver Sparkle
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Green Leaf envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Cotton Candy envelope
- Simon Says Stamp White envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Cotton Candy cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp White 120# cardstock
I’ll be back to share more with those gorgeous alcohol pearl inks but today I wanted to tone it down a notch after my super vibrant florals earlier this week!
I stamped the side-tilting flower with versafine and heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I stamped the same flower on a sticky note, fussy cut it, and placed it over the stamped flower to create a mask. Then I stamped the second flower and leaves over the mask with versafine, removed the mask, and heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder. I kept my coloring very light and peachy pink using R24, R22, R20, R000, Y21, and YR0000 for the flower petals and toner greys 0, 1, 2, 4, and 6 for the flower centers and leaves.
Next I stamped the sentiment from the kit onto black cardstock and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder. I die-cut it to a thin label with the Sentiment Label dies and adhered it with foam mounting tape. Then I trimmed the panel down slightly along side and added a strip of black cardstock for a little contrast before adhering that to a card base! At this point I considered adding a few sequins or enamel dots to finish the card but decided to keep it more clean and simple!
I hope this gives you some ideas for the new Delicate Flowers kit! Remember, you can also subscribe to their no-obligation kits and receive them monthly for $29.99, or purchase them each month for $34.99 (while supplies last). I have a feeling this gorgeous kit is going to sell out super fast so if you’re interested I’d recommend heading over and picking up the May kit as soon as possible! 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by and have an amazing day!
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!!