Good morning! I’m excited to share a card using the brand new June Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp: Leafy Frames! This beautiful kit is full of floral gorgeousness (plus some glittery surprises)! The kit contains:
- NEW Simon Says Stamp Leafy Frames exclusive 6×8 clear stamp set
- Carta Bella Botanical Garden 6 x 6 inch papers
- Kaisercraft Coconut Mini Paper Blooms Flowers
- 1 Package Carta Bella Botanical Garden Frames & Tags ephemera
- 1 Jar Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter
- Stampers Anonymous Glitter Duster
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Gold envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Green Leaf envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Black envelope
- Simon Says Stamp White envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Black cardstock 8.5 x 11
- Simon Says Stamp Ivory cardstock 8.5 x 11
- Simon Says Stamp Cotton Candy cardstock 8.5 x 11
- Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf cardstock 8.5 x 11
- Neenah Desert Storm 100# cardstock
Today I created a card and coordinating envelope using the kit!
I love patterned paper but I am just not good at mixing and matching patterns in card designs. So I decided to go in a slightly different direction…I wasn’t sure about it when I started but I really love how it turned out. I started by using my MISTI to stamp the rectangular leafy frame on the pink striped patterned paper with barely beige ink. I colored the foliage and flowers with luminance colored pencils and then placed the panel back inside my MISTI. I restamped the image with versafine and heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the scripty sentiment with versafine and heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder. I also stamped the rest of the sentiment onto black cardstock with versamark and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder before die-cutting them to thin labels with the sentiment label dies.
Next I trimmed the striped panel and adhered it to another piece of paper from the kit, this time a solid pink. Finally I adhered those to a black A2 panel. I adhered the sentiment labels with foam tape and added a few enamel dots. I also stamped the floral line onto the flap of one of the envelopes and colored the flower with the same colored pencils. I also used an envelope liner die to die-cut one more piece of patterned paper and glued it inside the envelope for an extra pop of color!
I hope this gives you some ideas for the new Leafy Frames kit! Remember, you can also subscribe to their no-obligation kits and receive them monthly for $29.99, or purchase them each month for $34.99 (while supplies last). I have a feeling this lovely kit is going to be quite popular so if you’re interested I’d recommend heading over and picking up the June kit as soon as possible! 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!!