Good morning! I am so excited to help kick off a three day blog hop celebrating the 45th anniversary of Hero Arts! I am have been a member of the Creative Team for Hero Arts since December of 2016 but actually started as a super fan on A Blog Named Hero’s design team (the Hero Arts challenge blog) in December of 2014! And going back even further I have a unicorn wood-mounted rubber stamp from the mid-80s that was my very first Hero Arts stamp! So, needless to say Hero Arts has been a big part of my crafty life for a long time and I am honored to be part of the Hero Arts family and help them celebrate such a big milestone!
Today I’m sharing a card using the 45th anniversary release from Hero Arts and the brand new Hero Hues reactive inks!!
I love these new vibrant hybrid inks!! To start I stamped the solid flower from In the Vault Flowers around an A2 panel using creamsicle and sea salt ink. I used second generation stamping of the creamsicle ink for slightly lighter impressions and layered the flowers around the edges of the panel. While the ink was still wet I heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder. The inks stay wet longer than traditional dye inks and are great for embossing! Then I blended lemon drop reactive ink across the entire panel. I added a tiny bit of creamsicle around the edges and let it dry. Then I splattered water, sea salt reactive ink, and creamsicle reactive ink across the panel focusing mostly on the edges and let it dry completely.
While the panel was drying I stamped the sentiment three times onto pitch black cardstock with versamark and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder. I trimmed each sentiment down to a thin label and then adhered it to the panel with foam mounting tape. Finally I adhered the panel to a top-folding card base!
We have gathered some fabulous prizes from our industry friends and partners for this hop (over $1400 worth of prizes!)! Winners will be drawn from people who leave comments along the blog hop over the three days – comment all three days for more chances to win! Leave your comments by 11:59 pm PST on Sunday, June 2nd and we will announce the winners on the Hero Arts blog the following week. Here’s a list of all all the prizes from this amazing crafting community!
- Hero Arts: 3 $145 Gift Certificates, 3 $45 Gift Certificates
- Altenew: $50 Gift Certificate
- Art Impressions: $25 Gift Certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $50 Gift Certificate
- Gina K: $100 Gift Certificate
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Hero Arts Gift Certificate, 5 Share Handmade Kindness goodie bags
- Lawn Fawn: $50 Gift Certificate
- Laurie Willison: 2 Card Hanger Dies
- My Sweet Petunia: 1 Prize Bundle (Original MISTI, a set of Creative Corners, a Cut-Align, and a bar magnet)
- Online Card Classes: 5 spots in the Stamp Happy In Good Company: Hero Arts class
- Pink Fresh Studio: $45 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 3 copies of Scrapbook & Cards Today Summer 2019 Issue
- Scrapbook.com: $50 Gift Certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 Gift Certificate
- Hero Arts
- Caly Person
- Debi Adams
- Ellen Hutson LLC
- Emily Midgett
- Ilina Crouse
- Janette Kausen
- Jessica Frost-Ballas –> You are here!!
- Julee Tilman
- Kathy Racoosin
- Libby Hickson
- Mariana Grigsby
- May Sukyong Park
- Michelle Short
- Yana Smakula
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate disclosure can be found here). Your purchases help keep my blog running and I thank you for the support!