Happy New Year!! I don’t have a card to share today but make sure and check out my Favorite Cards of 2015 and comment there for a chance to win $25 to one of my favorite crafty stores! 😉
Anyway, I just wanted to write a quick post to share some of my thoughts, hopes, and resolutions for 2016. It’s always fun to look back and reflect on how things turned out. Of course, *cough cough*, a year ago I mentioned losing weight and actually using a planner and I didn’t quite accomplish either of those goals; however, today is a fresh start and I’m going to take it one day at a time.
If you follow me on Instagram you know that I mentioned my one little word for 2016 a few days ago. I’ve been intrigued by Ali Edwards’ One Little Word project for a few years but this is my first time participating. I had a list of words that I was considering for the last few weeks but I finally settled on my word for 2016:
I feel like I’ve been doing a fairly good job of surviving comfortably for the last few years but I wouldn’t say that I was thriving…and I want to THRIVE! So that is my focus for 2016: thriving mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, socially, intellectually, and creatively! And here are some but not all the ways I intend to work towards thriving in 2016:
- Exercise in some form 3-4 days a week (I downloaded the Zombies Run 5K app and I’m really looking forward to outrunning some zombies on Saturday! If you’ve got the app my username is Sparkler39…we can rebuild the post-zombie apocalypse world together!) 😉
- Get back on Lose It and start logging everything that goes into my mouth…I’ve been slacking bigtime on that this year and I really need to make my health a priority.
- Start tackling some of the books on my reading ‘bucket list.’ I’m starting with “The Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah…it’s on my nightstand as we speak!
- Create a savings goal and budget…and stick to it. A future European vacation will be the pay off for not spending excessively throughout the year!
- Actually use my Erin Condren Life Planner to help manage my time!
- Continue to send happy mail and try to visit more blogs of my crafty friends!
- Create cards for me and not for anyone else…this is one I struggle with constantly but I need to remind myself that I’m happiest and most creative when I create what I love without worrying about how I measure up to others.
- Focus and be thankful on all that I have and not all that I might want. I am very lucky to have an amazing husband, devoted furry companions, fantastic friends and family, a warm and safe home, a fabulous job doing what I love, and a wonderful enriching hobby!
So that’s it for me! Happy New Year and may 2016 be your best year yet! 🙂 Much love to all of you for your friendship, support, and sweet comments all year long! I’m so thankful for each of you!